Sunday, September 9, 2012

Welcome back to school...

Yes, I have been MIA for the last couple of months.  This is because I work at an overnight camp for the whole summer.  We are a technology free camp and have campers from the ages of 8/9-16.  I have been going to camp for 20 summers.  I am now in charge of the entire girls camp and I have been doing that for 7 years.  I started at camp in 1990 as a camper.  I missed two years (1996,1997).  I then started working for camp in the summer of 1998 and I have not missed a summer since.  Click on this link to check out my camp's website!  I call it my second home, so though this was an appropriate link name!  




So that is what I have been up to all summer. But now I am back and ready for a new school year!  I had to change the name of my blog because I am no longer a looping k-1 teacher.  Because of the budget, I had to take a full day Kindergarten position with no chance of looping.  Although I have more experience in first grade, I will do my best to make this kindergarten experience AMAZING for your children.  My goal this year is to update my blog at least once a week.  So please come and visit my sit any time you want.  I also will be sharing a ton of FREEBIES that you could always download and use as practice.  This blog also serves as a teaching resource for other teachers, so there will be many posts about materials I have created or ideas that worked/didn't work!  So, to my parents of 2012/2013, WELCOME TO MY WONDERFUL BLOG!!!  I will be sending home a permission slip to use your child's picture on my site.  The children love seeing themselves online and I know you will too.  Many times, I will post video as well.  However, I know that their are some families that just do not want their child on the Internet.  If that is the case, please let me know.

Now, I bet you are all wondering what we have been up to these past two weeks.  Well, it has been a wonderful start to the new year.  We have been spending a ton of time learning about procedures and expectations.  We have already talked about our classroom rules and they will be signing them and (fingers crossed)  hopefully following them.   They have learned about Morning Meeting and they learned that each student will be able to participate in "sharing" 1x a week.  I will be sending a letter home and posting it on my blog tomorrow, so that the kids know when their sharing day is.

So, this first post is just to welcome all my new parents and any teacher who follows me.  You will get an insight about what goes on in Full Day Kindergarten as the year goes by, so continue to follow and check my blog often.  If you sign up to get an email notification when I post, you will always know when there is new information.

Last but not least, I know that some parents signed up to help with cleaning supplies and play dough donations each month.  I have not yet received our monthly play dough or cleaning supplies.  If you signed up for September, please make sure you send those materials in ASAP, as we really love to use the play dough and we want to stay healthy by cleaning the room.

WELCOME TO MISS ZAKAR'S FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN BLOG.. stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment